Plastic Joining Applications
| Automotive | Consumer Goods | Electronics | Medical Products | Plastics Packaging | Textiles |
Clearweld can be used with synthetic textiles for stitchless, water-resistant seams without the need for secondary sealing. Fabric integrity is assured by localizing melting to the seam interface.
The revolutionary, new textile joining technique offers:
- Seam strengths comparable to other joining techniques
- Colors not affected
- Retention of external appearance
- Automated production/manufacturing
- Simultaneous multi-layer welds of thermoplastics
Unprecedented applications, color & design flexibility:
- Protective clothing and footwear with sealed seams
- Foam-backed aerospace, automotive & home upholstery
- Inflatable structures, flotation crafts and more!
Laser Welding of Thermoplastic Textiles | 124 KB PDF
Laser Seaming of Fabric | 172 KB PDF